Some people find it easier to stop with support. This is available from SmokeFreeBerkshire locally.
Use this link www.smokefreelifeberkshire.com and this will take you to the main page and you will find a link to Stop Before the Op as follows:
www.smokefreelifeberkshire.com/Stop-Before-Op.aspx which will give further information on the reasons for stopping smoking before an operation.
other forms of self- referral are:
Free phone: 0800 622 6360 Or Text Quit to 66777
This is the Hampshire Smoking Advice Service
There are a number of hospitals in the Leeds area… find out details at this link below
This is a list of specialities at NHH. Click the one you need and many will have patient leaflets relating to their procedures
This is a list of all patient leaflets at OUH (can be slow to load)
The Royal Berks Hospital (RBBH) have produced a lot of Patient Information Leaflets (PILs) on various surgical procedures. Rather than reproducing them, please follow this link and scroll down to “Surgery”
These are links to National websites and services
Other useful contacts for alcohol problems:
- Drinkline is the national alcohol helpline. If you’re worried about your own or someone else’s drinking, you can call this free helpline, in complete confidence. Call 0300 123 1110 (weekdays 9am – 8pm, weekends 11am – 4pm).
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) is a free self-help group. Its “12-step” programme involves getting sober with the help of regular support groups. AA’s belief is that people with drink problems need to give up alcohol permanently.
- Al-Anon Family Groups offer support and understanding to the families and friends of problem drinkers, whether they’re still drinking or not. Alateen is part of Al-Anon and can be attended by 12- to 17-year-olds who are affected by another person’s drinking, usually a parent.
- Addaction is a UK-wide treatment agency that helps individuals, families and communities to manage the effects of drug and alcohol misuse.
- Adfam is a national charity working with families affected by drugs and alcohol. Adfam operates an online message board and database of local support groups.
- The National Association for Children of Alcoholics (Nacoa) provides a free, confidential telephone and email helpline for children of alcohol-dependent parents and others concerned with their welfare. Call 0800 358 3456 for the Nacoa helpline.